Shooters Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Does any one know of any other sites that has info on any of these cartridges? I just looking to see what everyone is doing with them.
Thanks
Derrick Grant
I haven't found any additional info. on these cartridges. However I think the .35 WSSM would be a fine caliber for some company to bring out and chamber plus have factory loads available. Here in Ky we don't have caliber/cartridge size issues when it comes to Deer Hunting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I need some input about a similar wildcat - I am having a WSM rebored to a 338 WSM and I could use

some help on 2 or 3 starting loads with 225 (Accubond) and 200 grain bullets - I am assuming that I

can get a set of standard custom dies from Redding ? ANY input or help would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
12 Posts
However I think the .35 WSSM would be a fine caliber for some company to bring out and chamber plus have factory loads available.

I spoke with two different ammunition manufacturers at SHOW this weekend, both are interested in loading the 358 BFG if I supply the formed prepped brass and dies.

Hope to have it on the shelf by early summer if not before.

I figure a mild 180 load and a midweight 200.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am looking for someone doing T/C Pro-Hunter barrels in the GRANT or WSSM. I have some friends wanting them. If it's in WSSM They will also need brass and dies. If anyone has any info I would be thankful.
Thanks
Derrick Grant

·
Registered
66 Posts
fireball did you do the WSSM or mine? If it was the WSSM who has dies and does anyone have formed brass. Even though they are friends I don't want to do all that work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a good find.

So who is building the uppers for an AR? I saw a post on another website with a linkl to a guy back east building uppers, fluted sst barrels... may be one of you gents?

This would be a much better choice than my new BLR SST in 358.....

Thanks for any information.

Allen

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I know this is a fairly old thread, but has anyone got any more info on any of the WSSM wildcats?
No, not really a whole lot on this subject. I know of a few that are trying the .358 WSSM for use in Indiana. There one can use a "Pistol Cartridge" or a cartridge that is not over 1.6" in length for Deer Hunting. The .358 WSSM is an interesting cartridge whatever becomes of it.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
358wssm

I have a 358 WSSM upper and used last deer season in indiana. Dropped two deer in their tracks. I use hornady 200 gr. spire points seated to the top of the crimp ( can't seat out any more due to magazine. I am using 50.5 grains of 2520 and getting 2580fps velocity out of the 20" barrel. Shooting less than 3/4 inch groups.
My hunting buddies and I ordered 3 barrels for MGM for the encore. 24" stainless plus muzzlebreak ( 15% discount with 3 or more). I fireformed the 243 WSSM brass in one of the barrels. These encore barrels also shoot good. I have not chronographed these barrels.
I trimmed cases to 1.625" after fire forming and sizing to make Indiana legal.
We have taken 6 deer and a 2000lb Bison with this cartridge. All one shot kills.
I would not trade my 358 WSSM for anything! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinking about the Ruger compact magnum case catted to 358. The hawkeye 358 win has 1 in 12 twist might be a good plat form to work with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Muzzy, did you build the 358 upper or have someone else do it? If someone else, who and what is their contact info? This cartridge is starting to appeal to me more and more!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glenn PM me your e-mail and I will send you the reamer drawing.
Hornady is now making a hydraulic forming die for the 358 GRANT if anyone wants to try it.
I been using it and saves on fire forming.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts