Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own both 375H&H( Brno 602) and a 375CT on a Mi7. I have shot holes in paper but not game with the
CT. The Brno has been active on big game. Any comments on the 375 CT. It has never got me interested . I had it built 15years past.

CT is accurate with 250gr jacketed but does not shoot cast gas check well. The Brno does both well either 220, 270 or 300gr in jacketed or Lyman CG 270gr. The latter is accurate and a real hog eliminator at around 1800fps.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wife's uncle has a .375 CT on a Mauser 98, I believe. It's a darned good shooting rifle and nearly the ballistic equivalent to the H&H. Recoil is pleasant in his 9 lb. rifle. I'm not sure which loads shoot the best for him. I know he's downed elk and bear with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
375 Chatfield Taylor - Loads

Found some of my old loading data.
All primers Federal 215 mag. Wnchester cases fire formed from 338Mag. I have not listed the projectiles by maker but they would have been" standard" jacketed soft points.
65gr 4064 250gr 2610fps
71gr 4350 300gr 2433fps
66gr 4064 250gr no velocity recorded but 100yd off bench rest 4x81 Pecar 3 shots 0.75".
In summary nothing to complain about but, the rifle and cartridge for me has neither a good or bad feel.
My final (after load development) sighting practice for medium and big bore rifles is three shots standing supported as they are hunting rifles. For double rifles two or three left and right and always from the standing supported position. Yes with some rifles there is a significant change to the point of impact.In practical terms for a medium or larger bores 4inch 100 yd group would be adequate for off the shoulder. The standing post always brings one back to reality.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife's uncle has a .375 CT on a Mauser 98, I believe. It's a darned good shooting rifle and nearly the ballistic equivalent to the H&H. Recoil is pleasant in his 9 lb. rifle. I'm not sure which loads shoot the best for him. I know he's downed elk and bear with it.
Si quidem animalia nobis edenda non sunt, quare constant ex carne?

(If we aren't supposed to eat animals,why are they made of meat?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts