Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks new to the forum, I need ammo for a 375 JDJ i dont handload, any ideas where to purchase ready to go ammo???/ Thanks for your time Ray...

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Ray,

As I explained in your other thread, custom ammo is pretty pricey, with the few guys who actually offer the service requiring you to be on-site, with the gun, and pay an up-front cost of around $150, just to get started. Cost aside, it's just a lot more fun to learn how to reload! This forum is graciously sponsored by a proprietor of fine cast bullets, some of which would be excellent for use in the 375 JDJ, especially if you're hunting large or dangerous game.

I have emailed JD and if past experience is any indicator, he'll get back to me in a day or so. He might know someone that will sell you some mild, safe loads for the 375JDJ, but what you'll get won't be ideal for your gun and most likely won't be particularly accurate, either.

If you've got 4 foot of wall space, $250 to spend (custom dies run about $75 for this cartridge) and an hour a night for 3 or 4 nights, you can learn what you need to know in order to reload your own. If you're going to play with wildcat and proprietary cartridges, you really owe it to yourself to get into the hobby.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broom, thank you very much for checking on this for me, i actually bought the barrel a few years back and it came with the dies only problem is i have moved 2 or 3 times in the past since buying it and who knows where those ended up??? LOL. Any info is definately appreciated, maybe if i could find the dies i may try my hand at it, but until then i wouldnt mind trying someone elses reloads if i can find them and again I thank you for your time and info.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Broom, thank you very much for checking on this for me, i actually bought the barrel a few years back and it came with the dies only problem is i have moved 2 or 3 times in the past since buying it and who knows where those ended up??? LOL. Any info is definately appreciated, maybe if i could find the dies i may try my hand at it, but until then i wouldnt mind trying someone elses reloads if i can find them and again I thank you for your time and info.
JD must have been having a light day, today. He replied already and said, "We have factory Cor bon in stock 235 and 270 grain. Superior also custom loads 605-347-9192. JD"

So, apparently Cor bon is putting together some of his favorite loads. Figure they'll run you $40-$50 for a box of 20, unless I miss my guess.

You LOST reloading dies?! :eek: You shouldn't admit to such things in this forum! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JD must have been having a light day, today. He replied already and said, "We have factory Cor bon in stock 235 and 270 grain. Superior also custom loads 605-347-9192. JD"

So, apparently Cor bon is putting together some of his favorite loads. Figure they'll run you $40-$50 for a box of 20, unless I miss my guess.

You LOST reloading dies?! :eek: You shouldn't admit to such things in this forum! ;)
Thanks for the info... No i did not say i lost them, i just dont know where they are!!!!:D:eek: LOL. Im sure if i unpacked some more boxes i would find them and it would be like an early xmas lol. If i were interested in starting to reload what would be some reccomendations?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts