Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick post to see if any of you have any prior experience with the 375 USA (aka 375 Super Mag). Any info on performance and or load data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....................BWood

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
I once had a .375 SM in a stainless Seville!   Nice gun.   I didn't do too much load development for it however, as a local gentleman once owned the gun, and finding out I had it made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

What I did find during that brief time however was that it preferred AA 1680 over all other powders.   In accuracy, pressure and velocity, it couldn't be beat!   Unfortunately, and (stupidly I might add), I let all my loading data pages from my notebook go with the gun!  sorry no data to share here from a first hand account!

The brass I used was cut-down .38-55 and I used both jacketed Hornady bullets as well as an assorment of cast bullet weights.   I think the best cast bullet weight for that gun would be a 210g in a WFNGC bullet!   It would be a screamer, and have the wide meplat for nice big wound channels.

Marshall

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have no experience with this revolver/cartridge combination.  Ah, but I know who does.  Check with Mr. John Taffin over at his <a href=http://disc.server.com/Indices/47763.html>Campfire Site</a>.  I know he's tested the gun like only he does.
For historical info on the interesting Ruger clones check out the Krause Publications' <i>Standard Catalog of Firearms, 2000</i> for a article written by J.C. Munnell.

flatgate

·
Registered
5 Posts
B WOOD, get on the phone and call E.Arthur Brown Co. at 1-800-950-9088 and order a copy of 'Shooting Steel'. There's a whole section on the Seville 375 SM,pluse lots of load data Some loads listed are: Hornady220gr.jacketed      H-110,23.5gr=1623fps       IMR4227,23gr=1618fps       H-4227, 21gr=1305fps       The last load was chrony from a DW,it will do 1600+ out of your Seville! Like Marshall said, AA-1680 is great in the 375 SM. Its the best for full power loads in my 445, but H-4227 is more accurate. I didn't see any 375 loads with AA-1680, but it shouldn't be to hard to figure out a startingload. Best bet would be to call Sierra if your unsure. I hope this helps.    Royce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts