Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post on this fourm, I have been reading on it for a while and decided to join.

Recently I traded a Marlin 30-30 and an old 20 gauge shotgun for a Marlin in 375 Winchester. I am looking for data with a 200 grain bullet, any takers?

I should add, that I do not shoot cast bullets yet. I haven't had the time to learn. Well that is going to change! What book gives the best info for learning about cast bullets and how to load them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The best place to find out about reloading lead has got to be Lyman cast bullet handbook,also you can do a search on this site for the 375 win. I have the new 38-55 cowboy and love it can't wait for deer season to open. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If you've been reading this board for a while you'll know this is my favorite round, and therefore not restrain myself from putting in my &#36.02.

I've not tried any 200 gr jacketed to-date, but have experimented some with the Hornady 220 gr JFP and (what else?) Re7. I worked up to about 37.x gr before running out of bullets...not to mention that the first order of BTB 250's arrived!  Additionally, these Hornady's are a bit on the high side, at around &#3625/100, for casual shooting.  They should be deadly on deer sized game though.

As for reference on loading cast lead, I believe that Veral Smith's book has a good reputation, assuming you can find a copy.  The Lyman and BTB books are good too.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hey Guys,

If you go to Sixgunner.com and scroll clear to the bottom of the page you can still get one of Veral's books.  His wife had a small stock on hand when he went to prison, and has been selling them to try and stay afloat.

El Lobo in NM

http://www.sixgunner.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts