Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for Marshall...   I own 4 rifles in .375 Winchester.  These are a Ruger #3, a Winchester BB, and 2 Savage 99's.  I bought these for the future collector value when they first came out because I expected the .375 Win to be a commercial failure.  They are all in new condition.

I have been seeing your various posts over the past few months about using the .375 Winchester.  I am also becoming interested in starting to use cast bullets for hunting.  So here is my question.  I can break any of the 4 rifles I own out for use or I know of a used Winchester BB and a used Marlin .375 for sale.  Other than a Contender that's about the whole gamet for .375's.  

Any recommendations as to which to use?  I really kinda like the Savage 99 but in your experience do any one of these typically perform any better than the others?  Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Wow!  Having all those in new condition!  If indeed you want to preserve their pristineness for collector value, I'd probably opt for the used Marlin!  It is far and away my favorite gun in this caliber, both from a functional standpoint, and one of accuracy (the Ruger No.3 not withstanding).  Too it is the one make/model that the gun was chambered for that you don't currently own.  Indeed it's personal choice, and any of your current battery will make awesome shooters.  The question is, do you really want to pop their cherry?

As for me, I love justification for a new toy!  Buy  and shoot the Marlin, sit on the others.  My two-cents worth!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts