Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Winchester model 94 chambered in .375 Winchester as you may know ammo is not easy to come by so I was woundering what all is involved in making my .375 into a 30-30

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Yes, what he said ^^^^^. I'd actually suggest selling it, as they typically go for $700+ if in very good condition. Then take those proceeds and purchase another rifle. Since you wanted(?) a .375, have you considered a Marlin in .35 Rem as a replacement? They are not that different in performance and both (IMHO) outperform the venerable 30-30.

Good luck!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree, sell it and buy a 30-30.

No need to deface a somewhat rare rifle. I only use rare as a term relative to the number of '94s made in 30-30, 32spl and whatnot...

I think that the 94 BB's (particularly the pre-AE) will enjoy a slow but steady rise in value as collectors in years to come.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I've always wanted to pursue the Winchester Big Bore rifles in their various versions but just don't see any in my country.

I own a Marlin 375, a bit of a beater but I have a lot of hunting history with it so would hate to see it go. I owned two others; a NIB rifle that I ran across and another used rifle. I ended up selling the NIB for a nice price as I knew I would never use it and traded the used rifle for an 1895G (dumb).

About eight years ago, I was driving on the north side of San Antonio and noticed a outdoors type store having a liquidating sale. I want to say it was Sportsman's Warehouse or something of that nature. I went in and they had reloading components but most were gone. As I browsed the bins, one was labeled "375 Win" with three bags of 50 laying in it. I asked if they had any more in the back and sure enough they did. Walked out with 1K worth of Win brass at some ridiculous price... $12 to $15 a bag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.