Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mounts for my 50 cal renegade sidelock, (rail mount ) 9754, the question I have is will a 3x lobo scope work on these mounts and my renegade with the correct eye relief?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't know your scope, but you can mount a scope on a renegade and make them shoot just fine..
I have a chance to buy a handgun 3x lobo scope, I think it will work on the rear mount with good eye relief. Again, I think? I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It might have too much eye relief. The mounts I use connect from the rear sight to just in front of the tang. I like 4 inches of eye relief, where a handgun scope is a lot of eye relief.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have been using a cheap $39.95 Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm on mine. And that scope had done real good. Its clear, good glass, holds true even to the pounding of a muzzleloader, and so far has taken everything I have dished out. And for the price, well if it breaks... not the end of the world.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I have mounts for my 50 cal renegade sidelock, (rail mount ) 9754, the question I have is will a 3x lobo scope work on these mounts and my renegade with the correct eye relief?
IIRC, the the Lobo is a LER (long eye relief) scope, at around 17" from the rear lens to the shooter's eye.

Add another 3" to 4" from the rear lens to the scope/mount midpoint, and your Renegade's rail mount will need to support the Lobo at a point approx 20" from your eye with the rifle held in shooting position.

Noodle it out with a yardstick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts