Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7.5" SRH .454 Casull.   I have been handloading 300 cast and 355 WLN and getting great results.  This is my first post here, and and I am looking for any knowlegde pertaining to these bullets and H110.  What velocity can I expect?  What special (if any ) loading procedures will I have to use?
-Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also just received 200 of the 395gr WFNGC- DC from Cast Performance.  I would very appreciative if someone with experience with these bullets from a .454 could offer their assistance!
-Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
As far as special proceedures, there are none.  Load these heavy-weight bullets as you would any other heavy cast bullet and give a firm crimp (Redding profile crimp preferred), and a good dose of H110/W296 to get it going.

For a starting load using the 405grain bullets, try starting with 18.0 grains of H110/W296 and a WSRP.  This load out of a 7.5" barrel in your .454 Casull should yield close to 1200+ fps.  Work the load up as your pressure signs and chronograph data indicate.  This is a LOT of bullet for a .454 Casull!

Let us know what you find!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mike, welcome to the forum.  Try loadswap.com.  There's a button for it on the left side of the page.  If you get a chance could you post some of your 355gr loads there, as a help to the rest of us?  Thanks.

God bless,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts