Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,944 Posts
A number of years ago, 25, I did some tinkering with shot loads for the 45 Colt. I used the side walls of stryrofoam cups for wads, a bit of heavy duty plastic bag as shot cup and the heavy base of the stryrofoam cup as over the shot wad then graduated to using card board with white glue.
Made the prettiest donut shaped pattern. Conbine this donut shaped pattern and with my inaccuracy with shot guns, there would be little or no value to me.
I settled on using two 45 caliber muzzle loading balls in the 45 Colt case, for my multiple projectile loading.
Jim

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Mike
I took the round ball load out of George Nonte's book on hand loading.
I used Unique, 5 or 6 grains, after priming. Put a ball in the case to just about flush, didn't want the seating stim to crush the case mouth, pushed a bit lower with wood dowel, wiped bullet lube around the case mouth, started the second ball until over 50% of the ball was below the case mouth, wiped the case mouth with lube again, then used a tight crimp.
Nonte used a stab crimp to hold his top ball in place.
These were good for only ten yards for any real accuracy, but they were fun to play with.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.