Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
At the risk of being involved in a skirmish? I don't see a really measurable difference in the performance of a .41 vs .44?
One is .41 cal and the other .43 I have a sweet spot for the .41mag, but have fired thousands of rounds of full loaded .44 and have more experience with it. I believe with similar bullet construction and weights, there is no discernable difference in their terminal effects. I'd rather have a .41 but currently I don't own either.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Years ago, had opportunity to purchase a Ruger Blackhawk 3-screw (still unmodified) that had been well cared for by previous owner. Found it extremely easy to reload for and accurate . The plowhandle grip on the Blackhawk fits my hand nicely as well as the grandson's. He has it now and won't part with it for anything.:)
My son currently, has my father's Mod 57 4" and a couple hundred rounds of ammo, that I loaded for it in 1981. Memories....

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Really nice work. I'd took that .41 over the model 13 in a blink, back in the day. Hmmm, or even now. The issue model 13 was/is the smartest move the FBI ever made. Didn't take'm long to mess that up, too.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Wow, lots of folks have come here with empty hands and lots of questions. Not you, you're here to give and ya brought something with you. Again, Wow and you're most welcome here and howdy. Thank you, lots of helpful info added by you. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Those Blackhawks can digest safely a lot of rounds and I hope you have maximum enjoyment with yours. Much fun to come. Send pics.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Before I retired, as a cop, were I mandated to carry revolver only, it would have been a .41 I carried by choice a 1911 in .45 The only thing irritating to me about a .41 is finding factory ammo?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Back in the day, for awhile, I would'a loved to have had a Smith like yours JBelk and a 5" barrel on the Ruger....there, I did it and shamed myself, again. :oops:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I agree Ralph. Further consideration to a few years later at the advent of the Dirty Harry deeds, The Model 28 offered in .41 mag would have had a greater significance and impact, with Police Officers. It would have for me. A large Magnum capable revolver at half the cost of the Model 29, it would have gained acceptance and popularity, no doubt. Model 29's were 500-700 bucks back then, unaffordable to most cops. A lot of hunters, it seems, wanted more horsepower?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Seems to me now days, officers have to shoot to live, more so than in the past. But what do I know, I discharged my 'service weapon' 27 times in 27 years. Ambushed everytime. Didn't always hit where I wanted to, but didn't miss either. People are a helluva a lot harder to put down, dope, booze etc. than most folks realize. That's a tough thing to learn, was for an officer standing beside me, .38 spl +p, yeah, he got shot. LIttle people don't belong as LEO's. I don't care who says it, BTW I'm only 5'10, back then 220 lbs, fit. Mark me down as not being politically correct, I left before stupid took over. So, I get it, little guns for little folks. Don't hire little folks.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
You're right (as usual) Darkker. Apologies. I'll just sum this up and say, the .41 mag does most everything well, so does a 3/4 ton truck. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts