Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I very recently happened onto a mint condition Ruger 41 magnum revolver at my local pawn store. I really liked this handgun so I ended up putting it in layaway!
I wanted to see what others thought of the 41 magnum. A friend of mine several years ago had a similar one also in 41. I really enjoyed shooting his!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought the standard Blackhawk was only available in 41 Mag. with either the 4 5/8" or 6 1/2" barrels, with the 7 1/2" barrel only available on the Super Blackhawk Hunter and Bisley Models in 41 Mag. Is yours a new or old model Blackhawk? Blued or stainless?
If you are not already aware, Starline has '41 Special' (I know, officially..."there is no such thing!") brass available for those that want better load density for low recoiling lighter loads. I bought some for my Model 57, but have not yet loaded any.
I just looked on Ruger s website. The BH in 41 can be had in 6 1/2 barrel length. I accidentally typed the wrong length.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
All my friends had 44 mags, I decided on the 41. When they shot my 41, they were converts. So, now I have 3 revolvers and 2 lever guns . Now I'm waiting to see if Ruger/marlin come out with a stainless 1894 in .41 mag
I first tried the 41 magnum years ago by trying my friend s Ruger Blackhawk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Made my next payment on my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 magnum!

I think you're gonna like it!
What barrel length?
6 1/2 inch barrel.

I bought my first .41 Mag Blackhawk in 1969 and have never been without at least two since then.

This one is my pride and joy.
Nice picture!

You need to buy a Henry Lever to go with it!
Henry makes a super nice 41 magnum rifle!

My uncle taught to reloaded his Smith 57 8.375" back in 84, right after I turned 19. Year later got my first M57 6", followed by many more .41s Started casting my bullets after decades of buying lead 210 gr SWC. Now cast 195gr SWC to 270 gr WFN.

View attachment 104112

CD
Like your collection of 41 magnums!

I thought the standard Blackhawk was only available in 41 Mag. with either the 4 5/8" or 6 1/2" barrels, with the 7 1/2" barrel only available on the Super Blackhawk Hunter and Bisley Models in 41 Mag. Is yours a new or old model Blackhawk? Blued or stainless?
If you are not already aware, Starline has '41 Special' (I know, officially..."there is no such thing!") brass available for those that want better load density for low recoiling lighter loads. I bought some for my Model 657, but have not yet loaded any.
Mine is the regular Blackhawk with 6 1/2 inch barrel.

Does yours also have a 7 1/2" barrel? I can't find a reference to one!
6 1/2 inch barrel.

Thanks! I have reloaded in the past. I am planning on getting back into it! Thanks again!
I will keep that in mind! Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 15 Posts