Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
5,224 Posts
I haven't, but did order 2 boxes of the .411 400 grain X's. I hope I can get them to work. Swift has some A Frames that ought to be pretty good too.

· Banned
5,224 Posts
Hmmm,
Well I ordered some of the 400 grain Barnes X last week, but see that it isn't listed anymore on their website. Also got a bunch a couple of boxes of the 350 grain Swift A Frame last summer, but don't see them listed any more at Huntingdon's. I'll keep digging around and see if I can come up with place that has some leftovers. I do know that Woodleigh is still making the 400 grain in 411, it's what Holland and Holland is using for their new 400 H&H Mag. I do some scrounging and see if I can't find some more.

· Banned
5,224 Posts

· Banned
5,224 Posts
CUB,
I got nervous and ordered a couple more boxes of the X's in 350 and 400.

I'm still looking for the Swift, and not having any luck. Are you interested in Woodleigh? The are quite a bit more expensive than the Swift, but everyone seems to really like them.

Just a footnote, these bullets are all designed to perform at 450/400 velocities. I think that was really the only commercial loading of the 411 caliber before the reintroduction of the 405 Winchester. The Woodleigh's, Barnes and other "Premium" bullets, I would think, would still be designed for those velocities as the 450/400 and the 400 H&H are pretty much identical.

· Banned
5,224 Posts
Cub,
Please let me know what those #'s are. I'd love to get my hands on what Swift's are remaining.

Thanks for contacting them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.