Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What Lever rifle would be best suited for this cartridge. I got into this caliber when I had my Contender, this I sold but retained the brass. So I was just wondering. Anyway, I like the idea.

I wasn't sure which Forum to put this under, I hope no one takes offense.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lobo,
The 414 Super Mag is to the 41 Remington Mag like the 445 Super Mag is to the 44 Remington Mag.

It's a 41mag with brass that's about .25 inch longer. You can find a little more about it on the Dan Wesson web site. silhouette shooters use it most.

Me, I like it because I can load another caliber since I already have the bullets. It uses the same dies as the 41mag, only you use large rifle primers with the brass.

This is where some of my facts may err, Mr E. T. Gates is its designer. The same fellow that designed the 357 Max/supermag.

I was thinking about coverting my new Marlin 1894FG-41mag to this, thus the reason for the initial question. But I've just learned that Marlin is going to produce these this year and stop production. So Unless I can get another, the conversion is on hold.

Now, you know everything that I think I know! LOL

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boy, I've been waiting for 2 days so I could read you-alls comment. Thanks, I figured this was a dead thread.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about the 401WSL and the semi auto that shoots it.

MikeG, I'd really rather use a Winchester, I'll be looking into that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.