Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see I am not the only one with the same problem so I am posting again after my search.   Lyman doesn't make and told me they do not do custom work.  Redding does not make one and they also told me they do not do custom work, set up would be too expensive.   Huntington Die Specialties had one from RCBS in stock and shipped it same day,knew exactly wwhat I was looking for.  Give em a call.   KevinNY

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Wow!

What a shame.... two of our premier handloading equipment manufacturers that have always exhibited the most outstanding customer service and custom application accomodation now refuse to do custom work!    What a sad commentary on today's business ethics...  it's hard to be a person anymore, we're being reduced to mere numbers!

Lyman in the not so distant past would accomodate just about any reasonable request for molds, dies, sights, you name it... and usually at a very modest cost differential to their catalog items.  Redding too very recently would make up custom dies... for a price of course, but without a question they would usually fill the bill.

Thanks for letting us know about the availability of the .416 expander dies from Huntington's!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but I told you guys that RCBS made an expander die that was VERY similar to the Lyman M die back on February 2.  I have been using mine for years and it works perfectly well.  If Lyman doesn't want my business, then so be it.  Like I said before, seems pretty silly to me to make a die set and not the components to go with it.  Lyman doesn't even make a trim pilot for the .416 cals, but the .41 Magnum pilot works well enough for my uses.  Kind of makes you go hummm.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
Glad it worked out for you Kevin.

CH/4D also does stuff like that on a custom basis. They're a pretty good outfit.

<a href="http://www.ch4d.com/

" target="_blank">http://www.ch4d.com/

</a>
Regards

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts