Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,129 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you about the stock, with the exception of making sure you get one that handles recoil well. Perhaps the stockmaker could recommend something, they often have the best insight as to the suitable use of a particular product.

As to the scope, I would make sure that you get the maximum eye relief available. Looking at Leupolds website it looks like this scope does have pretty good eye relief, ranging from 3.8-4.9 inches, which is about as good as it gets. On heavy rifles that will be used out to 200 yds a reciever peep sight is an excellent choice. You don't have to worry about them hitting you in the eyebrow when you fire off the bench or from prone, not that you'd want to be firing this rifle frequently from either of those positions!:) I guess it all depends what you want to use the rifle for. For hunting I would personally get a high quality peep that has a removable aperature for close in shooting.

I've always had good luck with Leupold and Burris scope rings and bases. I would look for a dual dovetail system with a heavy kicker like this. I would look for a 1 peice base even though they are not as attractive or light as a two piece. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those brands in a dual dovetail setup. It would be best to go to a good stocking gun dealer for this because I have had some issues with bases fitting Mauser actions before. Being that yours is a Mark X this shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with the new cannon!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.