Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was intrigued by the .416 Barnes and mentioned such on the Marlin forum. They directed me here and to your article which I read on the development of the .416 x 2 Beartooth.

Sounds like a great wildcat. In reading Cartridges of the World the .416 Barnes was developed supposedly for the Marlin 1895, yet in your article you state the OAL is too long to use in that rifle?

I have a Marlin 1895 and was thinking about the Barnes and now your version. Has anyone done this and how has it worked for them?

Thanks for your time!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,233 Posts
Hi Henry,

I think that this project sort of died on the vine. Now that Marlin has the .450 Marlin round, seems like that would be easy to neck down to .416". But I don't know if anyone has done it.

James Gates has been off experimenting with different shotshells, bullets, and shooting wild pigs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am working on a smaller cased .416 wildcat the ".416 The Americas Stalker" inspired in part by the .416 Beartooth, but sized for smaller actions. The .416 TAS is documented pretty well in the wildcat section here on BTB.

If it will fit your rifle of choice the .416 Beartooth is more powerful and versatile than my .416TAS, but either or any other moderate powered .416 has a lot to offer.

Fireplug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts