Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have purchased 100 of Marshall's new 425gr bullets in .460" for my Guide Gun. I will be loading 20 the next couple of days sometime. They will be used for elk. I have info from him on a starting point. 53.5gr of H335. H335 is what I'll be using most likely as I currently use it with the 405gr.

Anyone have any experience with these new bullets? Comments? Loads you've tried?

The nose of these bullets measures .375", a massive frontal area!

Thanks anyone! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
You are gonna LOVE that bullet!!!!

I believe this is the bullet cast from the moulds Rob Applegate makes. I have a couple of these moulds and they are absolutely beautiful.

I have shot these in both a Marlin 1895SS and in a new Winchester 1886. So far - the most accurate bullet tested in both guns. Loaded stout - they will really back you up too!

Enjoy!

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and loaded 20 of them. 51.0gr of H335. OAL of 2.552". They're a little tricky to feed into the magazine, but the cycle great in the GG. No different than the LFNGC405gr that I've been loading.

I haven't had chance to shoot any of them yet.

Now if I could just have two elk line up and stand there long enough for some field trials. OK, OK, I've only got one tag!

Which gun do I carry? :(
.300 Win Mag (180 Partition)
.30/06 (200gr Speer)
.45/70 (which bullet, 405 or 425?)??? :confused:

All I can say is that all three will go with me! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts