Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got a box of the leverevolutions 225 grains 44 mag. there are a few things that sold me on hornady instead of other ammo brands . one was the cases looked polished which they are. they sound like they and cleaner to shoot. and last but not least . i read on another a forum . This guy said from his carbine with the ftx 44 mag he shoot a deer in went in one side and when it came out the other it plled out a few ribs and lung matter. If they shoot good ill stand behind hornady . maybe buy me a few shirts :D. i want to try the xtp 300 grains but dont know if im up to the recoil

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here some photos . the tips are alot harder then i thought they would be . feel like a mix between a tractor tire and pencil eraser and somesort of plastic lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wow, new cases sure are pretty. Lot's of good things have been said about those bullets, flatter trajectory, controlled expansion. Good luck, I hope they group good for you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it doesnt kick real bad , in rifles recoil isnt a problem but im newbie to revolvers . i need to buy more so i can become good with it . i plan on getting some hogue grips . they fit my hand great and they feel like they will give me more control of the revolver during firing than the taurus grips , they are real soft almost squishy .

if i can shoot these without hitch im going to buy some 300 grain xtp .

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I hope it doesnt kick real bad , in rifles recoil isnt a problem but im newbie to revolvers . .
Recoil in handguns is different than recoil to a rifle shooter. It's magnified by blast, and things move around a lot more, giving the impression of bad and ugly.

.44 Factory loads, for jacketed bullets, are loaded to SAAMI specs, right to the top. More than one "real man" has cased his .44 Mag after the first box.

Do yourself a favor, especially if you don't handload. Grab a couple boxes of .44 Special, with a lead bullet. When they feel wimpy, buy some more .44 mag.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can just buy 44 mag bvac 240 grain swc loaded at 850 fps which is like a 44 special and not have to clean it becuase of the shorter cases . but its softlead/dirty load anyhoo lol. also i could always buy ultramax 44 mag which are like 350 ft lbs loads their well weak . i am going to buy some hogue monogrips next friday as i handle some at the gunshop. they where on a plactis display gun and they felt like they were made just for my handle . i think the deepr finger groves of the hogue will allow me to conrtol muzzle flip . the taurus grips are just kinda roundish finger groves .

also i think the m44 looks kinda like the ole dan wessons ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts