Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
I don't believe there is a +P SAAMI designation for the magnums. That won't stop a manufacturer from using the term though. One question would be +P relative to what? If it is relative to the current SAAMI .44 Mag maximum, you may be OK because it may still be under the original .44 magnum pressure designation?

Frankly, I would check with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Why would you need a +P loading of a 44 magnum, anyway? :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
507 Posts
I use hotter loads and bigger bullets in my contender, it just has to fit and it will work.

Jerry

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Only one of those three links show a "+P" designation, and then they go on to say they are loading to SAAMI maximum specs.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just thinking about some big boomer lead slug for the 44 mag this year for hogs .but will the longer C.O.L be okay in a desert eagle ?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Outta My DE.....

.......comes the most powerful loads that can be concocked at my reloading bench.

My DE has withstood the power of the same loads that people use in their Ruger Red Hawks and Super Blackhawks.Not the heavy weight hardcast but the jacketed bullets that are of the 265 and 300gr variety.

My weapon is almost 20 years old and has countless full power loads through it. So my answer to your question is .....YES. -----pruhdlr

CAUTION --> NO LEAD !!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The lube on the hard cast bullets will probable clog the gas ports on the Desert Eagle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts