Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever used any .44 special for deer hunting? Now that I got my Puma 92 working right im thinking about using it for deer hunting next season. Im gonna definatly bust some hogs soon as possiable. Just wandering what you guys and gals think about hot .44 special for critter hunting. Most likely im gonna use some hand rolled .44 mag. The reason I ask about the special is my little well not that little anymore hes 18 wants to go hunting with me. I figgured im gonna break him in on hogs. However he is extreamly recoil sensitive. Ive been working with him trying to work him up to more recoil. He shoots my AR-15 with no problem. He has shot a .44 mag / special of our dads he can handle perty hot loaded .44 special. He will fire the midrange .44mag but his accuracy goes to crap and he starts flinching and can only get off a few rounds before he gives up. Im thinking about loading up some .44mag in incriments form light to hot and slowly working him up to his tolerence and trying to go from their. Any way got any suggestions.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case i always like to try a few factory loads and find one or two that work well in my guns eventhough I reload. I always like to ability to go buy some rounds incase I dont have any loaded or if I happen to forget my ammo. Do you have any suggestions for factory ammo that will be up to par for deer hunting with .44 special?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.