Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Scotland

I am currently waitting for my local gun dealer to get back to me with a price for a Marlin .444p( in Pounds stirling). It could take up to 6 months or more before i get my hands on it. In the mean time i am getting other bits together dies,load data,brass,Ashley sight etc. In Britain i can buy .444 brass with ease but the cost is £50 per 100 = &#3672 per 100 i was just wondering if it would be worth buying brass in the states and paying postage ??

Best regards from across the pond. Englander.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,226 Posts
Check www.midwayusa.com, www.lockstock.com, etc., for their prices and whether they could mail you some for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello from Scotland

Thanks guys ive asked midway to give my a price for shipping .444 brass, just have to see what they say ?
Many thanks for the help.

best wishes from across the pond

Englander

·
Registered
33 Posts
englander-For purposes of comparison, here in western Canada at Wholesale Sports, Remington 444 brass is priced at &#3650 /100 Cdn. or &#36238/500.  Don't know the exact exchange rate but may be worth looking into.  
The website is   www.wholesports.com      It may also be easier to be sent from here, I heard it is hard for us to obtain shootong stuff here from the US due to the Sept. 11 attack---Hope this may be of interest-Karl

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Since the attack of 9/11 it has become difficult to export shooting materials out of the US?
That seems odd! Our leaders, in their infinite wisdom, have made this so? Or is this the pin heads running the shipping companies?
May I suggest that you ask Midway or whom ever you buy from, to discribe the the brass as a wind chime 'do it yourself kit'. Who could possibly object to the gentle tinkling of the brass in the soft breezes of next summer.
With our variety of official pinheads and dufusses it's not what they are, it's what you call it.
I used to recieve tons of lubricated lead extrusions, because they shipped at a cheaper rate then lead bullets.
Jim

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Being a proper rebel and considering all forms of regulations were created to test my creativity, I'd say there has to be a way to work around the regulations. If they didn't want me to break the regulations and laws they would not have made them..Right?
Maybe we could convince the postal inspectors they these 444 brass cases are antique battery cases made by the Marlin company for westward rail road expansion.
One must keep in mind that some of the best creative writting takes place every tax season.
Jim

·
Registered
20 Posts
           I have 100 rounds of brass willing to sell(once fired ).If interested e-mail.
               Thanks   RUBEN

·
Registered
48 Posts
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com, not to be confused with midway is cheaper, 30.00 u.s. for 100 shiney remington virgins. 38.00 for nickel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts