Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,087 Posts
Looking good..........how do they shoot?

Reactions: jimboro

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll let you know tomorrow if all goes my way well see .. it's supposed to be really cold here and no rain I hope..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got the chance to step outside with the new 444 let's call it 444 ilg .. improved lever gun ..with the action stretched and tightened up .. im sure I'm not the only one doing this .. the cartridges above are test loads using cci 200 primers being I'm almost out of the remington 9 1/2 s with no idea when they'll be available if ever again. . With loads reduced by two gr. of H 4198 velocity averaged 2267 fps . The rem 9 1/2 gave 2256 fps . with a 10 fps difference.
between the two primers I'll definitely work back up my load with the cci 200 primers.
Target is just over 2400 fps. From this 22 in. Barrel .balard rifling Remlin. . The five cartridges here below to show what the primers look like .. pressure looks medium to me with no flattening. . The two shots in the tree are of the hood of my truck at 118 yrds. After being board with the croni. I just had to take two long shots at something . The rings at the mouth of the five cartridges below I don't understand the dark ring . . I've never seen this before hopefully someone here has .. it looks almost as if there is a ring cut into the end of the chamber which makes no sense Wood Terrestrial plant Gas Ammunition Jewellery
Brown Wood Organism Trunk Plant
Office supplies Battery Ammunition Bullet Cylinder

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It's probably just a little extra soot due to pressures that are a tad lower than needed to fully form the brass at the neck. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's see how much a magnum primer changes things .. I'll do this today .. with the same charge of H 4198 and the same 265 ftx

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
265 gr. Ftx with same charge of H 4198 as above. loaded with cci 250 magnum primers
average velocity 2306 fps .. that's a average gain of 39 fps .. here's a pic of the primers .. I also caught one of the bullets after it punched through a old very hard 6x6 post end ..retaining weight is 199.6 .. Automotive lighting Bullet Body jewelry Writing implement Ammunition
Brown Rectangle Jewellery Ingredient Recipe
. Plant Human body Art Wood Close-up

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
You need a place to go Hawg Hunting. Primers look good to me, but then it's been awhile.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,702 Posts
Hmmm, I gotta try those in my .444.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts