Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,655 Posts
Eric, I agree, buy it!
My short barreled Winchester Timber Rifle shoots bevel base SWC bullets very well. 16.2 grains of Alliant Unique gets just shy of 1500 fps with good 50 to 75 yard accuracy. The recoil is very manageable. These loads are pretty quiet. Take care with a young person and a ported .444. Those ports can be very noisy. If you shoot from blinds or cover dont forget ear protection.
With lead gas check bullets you can speed them up to about 1900 fps and still keep the noise and recoil pretty managble.
In my pre-teen years I used to shoot a Model 94 year round with light loads. After sighting in for deer season there were a few years when I hoped I wouldnt see a deer! The crooked stocks on the lever guns can push a 60 to 70 pound kid around a bit. When shooting at game I never noticed recoil, but the thinking about kept me a little tense until I put some meat on my bones!

· Registered
6,655 Posts
Eric,
I think you will be very happy.
It's hard to be in the gun buisness. There is so much discounting...
Our gun show seem retail plus!
To put your purchase in perspective.... I just bought a new in the box top eject M-94BB in .375 Winchester - I had to give $400.00 for it. I'd say you got a pretty good deal!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.