Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , I have asked this question on another forum concerning the most effective recoil pad for use on a 444 Big Bore Winchester and the most prevalent answer was the Pachmeyer Deccelerator . What do yall think ?
        Also according to Paco Kelley the Winchester 444 Big Bore is capable of handling 50,000 Pressure opposed to the Marlins 40.000 Pressure. From what I have read this equates to a 150- 200 fps gain ! Given this do you think that 2650-2700 could be easily and safely achieved in the Big Bore with 280 LBT WFN?
                 Thanks guys , Craig

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi , thanks for all of the advice and comments ! I guess i have a curious nature and just wanted to know the possibilities after all givin that even with 400-600 fps extra over the 44 mag the 444 doesnt get that much extre yardage with a 3 inch trajectory " bullet never over 3 inches or under 3 inches from line of sight " 50 yards or less!! Now is that worth the extra kick and cost? never the less we all like to know the extreme possibilities. IE you may ask the dealer who sold you the truck if it will really go 100 mph even though you mau not intend to drive it over 65 ! Thanks again and btw I really like this board and the courteous responses!, Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.