Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Scotland

Happy New Year to you all. As i have said before the .444 is very rare here in Britain, but i have set my heart on getting one for both the range and a bit of woodland Deer stalking. Now i have .44 bullet heads, .444  brass, powder,Lee .444 dies, and even a Ashley gost ring sight but no rifle yet ! It is easly to get Marlins or Winchesters in .357/.38/.44 since ALL HANDGUNS were BANNED ! about four years back lots of guys changed to in door gallery shooting with lever guns in hand gun calibres. BUT .444 are like "HENS TEETH" i have finally found a dealer that can get me a .444p Marlin it will take at least 8 weeks to arrive ! And cost £540 = &#36780 ! i must be keen or possibly MAD!! But i can not wait to let let rip with my very own .444p Marlin.

Best regard from across the pond

ENGLANDER.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Would the Beretta 689 Sable do?  It's a totally different approach to the same hunting purpose and I give them credit for chambering a double gun in .444.  Very neat and a very enlightened choice on their part -- a perfect round for a double -- a dupe of many of the old english express cartridges in form and function.    It's beautiful too and may get by more easily in the UK bureaucracy as a double gun vs. repeater?

Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts