Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for a 45-70 CB,Fountain Firearms,Inc in Houston Texas has one for 650.00.The rifle was just listed today at Guns America.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
OUCH!

It seems like anything with "Cowboy" in the designation sells for a serious premium these days. Still it's good to see wood stocked levers shooting 108 year old rounds getting their due in a shooting world awash with synthetic stocks, overbore cartridges, and Hubble-sized scopes.

·
Banned
13 Posts
shoalbass said:
If anyone is looking for a 45-70 CB,Fountain Firearms,Inc in Houston Texas has one for 650.00.The rifle was just listed today at Guns America.

My wife bought me a .45-70CB last October for $525 and just a whole lot of folks said she gave way too much. I got three deer with it though, so am happy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
At our local Wal-Mart they will "special order" (out of Wal-Mart catalogue) the Cowboy 45-70 for less than that (under $600 but don't remember the exact dollars above $500).

Our Wally World doesn't carry everything that they can get, but will order for non-refundable half down, half on delivery. For instance, I can get a new Marlin 1894C for $360. A local sporting goods store that sells for less than MSRP on just about any gun says that's a good price. They will have to get $400 for the same gun.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,225 Posts
I updated the thread title to '45-70' from '47-70,' hope you don't mind.... :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
47-70...now there's a round I'd like to try. I agree whole heartedly though, While all the new synthetic stocks may last longer they just don't feel the same as good ole walnut. I like to buy from the mom and pops stores if they aren't to much over wally world though, I figure who needs the money more.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Masterifleman,
Hey I'm checking out Bud's
Am I to assume the Wal in the gun discriptions means walmart?
cw

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Saw one in the Elephant on Sprague in Spokane last week.... 1895CB for around the $500.00 mark as well. Nice gun, great wood, nice finish, well fit.... tempting to be sure.

They're out there much less than the $650.00 price tag.... be watchful and you'll get your price.

God Bless,

·
Banned
349 Posts
:mad: How do you blokes sleep at night ???? in the knowlage that your firearms are so cheap compared .With the firearms in AUZ :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Walmart is the hidden secret in the firearms industry. Most people I know are too proud to buy their guns from a Walmart. I could care less about where my guns are purcahased.

By the way, their specail order catolog is on their website under the sporting goods section.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Dave H said:
:mad: How do you blokes sleep at night ???? in the knowlage that your firearms are so cheap compared .With the firearms in AUZ :D
Dave,

Never heard of AUZ. Is that south of Houston? Who makes guns down there?

Joe

·
Registered
452 Posts
Joe Aggie said:
Dave,

Never heard of AUZ. Is that south of Houston? Who makes guns down there?

Joe

Nah...its not in Texas there, Aggie...its somewhere in the southern Louisiana swamps I think....

Its said like aouS or somthing. :D

Darrell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts