Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Plow Jockey, most of the single shot 45/70s you can shoot off the shelf ammo. Some of the old Springfield Trap doors should be checked by your local gunsmith first. Cor-Bon and Black Hills load up some healthy loads for the 45/70 and can be tough on a replica. Are you gonna just load jacketed and cast, or are you gonna load black powder with cast? The black powder with cast is a whole new world of shooting (and dirty also) but still a lot of fun.

Gun Runner

· Registered
302 Posts
PlowJockey, youve buried yourself by stopping at the Sharps store, you wont be able to sleep or eat right till you get one. One of my friends is a sharps collector and attends all the antique gun shows all over the country. Awhile back he handed me a FRUMES(sp) Bros. 45/70 sharps, it was one of 13 known in existance. The gun had engraving all over and a roller type cam extractor, that worked in reverse to help seat the case. As I was handling it he told me how much he paid for it at the auction, $25,000.00, thats when I just about crushed the forarm and pistol grip trying to hand it back to him. He collects a lot of the Frumes(sp) items including holsters and belts. I think he shows me these item to watch me shake. He will come by the gun shop and identify old firearms for people at no charge. If they want a typed statment then he will charge them. You may not be looking for something quite that pricie, but a sharps is gonna put a dent in the grocery money. As stated elseware if you are gonna get this type of gun why not shoot black powder and cast in it.

Gun Runner :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.