Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a source for this bullet specifically for a Winchester model 1876. Don't really care about the weight, but I wish to utilize the crimp groove and it seems to be specific to this rifle model. I have bought 2 different projectiles that when properly crimped would not cycle through the action. I went so far as to turn the bullet in a lathe to remove some material from the meplat to shorten the bullet but that is more effort than I wish to expend. Seems to me with the recent availability of 1876 reproductions in 45-75 there must be casters producing this bullet. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have always found that any bullet bigger than the 405 flat nose would not work in my Marlin 45-70..The over all length was too long...This may be the same with your rifle as well...Good luck..John

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd have to ask my pops for more details as he is planning to purchase this rifle... hes got the mold for the bullet already and its a 350gr hollow point... the original bullet I believe was a 350gr flat or round nose but there was something about mold availability that he purchased the HP because of....

I'll get more details and let you know when I see/talk to him.

MIke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts