Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see 45 ACP +P brass listed with a couple of places online. Is there any differences between the +P and the regular, besides the head stanp?

Jerry

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Maybe.......

.......web thickness is 'bout the only thing I would guess. It also could be designed to be used with the 45 Super loads and their increased pressures.

I would think that the outside dimensions would be the same as regular ACP. ----pruhdlr

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
A lot of them are identical, but not all. I think Top Brass used to make theirs a little heavier, but not much. Call Starline and ask about theirs? Usually +P is just on the headstamp so that cases thus loaded are not accidentally confused with and chambered in a gun that can't handle +P loads. In .45 ACP that is often dependent on the barrel. If you have an integral ramp barrel in a 1911, the chamber is fully supported and there is no problem. If you have a chamber that isn't fully supported you risk getting more "pregnant" cases coming out of it from loading to higher pressures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.