Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After gradually converting from a die hard 44 magnum user to 45 Colt for various reasons I find I am at fault when carrying extra shells(300gr.top end loads,snake shot, reg.carry loads) In winter,no problem, at least not as bad.While carrying the 44 I used MTM case wallets which aren`t made for 45`s.I would appreciate some ideas other than a cartridge belt.I am speaking of woods and river walks.        Thanks ahead for replys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use  the MTM .44 ammo wallets to carry my .45 Colt rounds.  A 12 round .44 case will hold 12 rounds .45.  An 18 round .44 case will hold 16 rounds .45.  It'll hold 17 if you lay one down in the middle, but it rattles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The thing that I have used for 15 years to comfortably carry my extra rounds is very easy to get.  I use the slide on cartridge holders that slide onto a rifle stock and has elastic in it for both shells and to hold to the stock.  I think that it is made my MTM also.

It is a tube that is stitched together, I cut the sewing so that it lays flat.  Fill the shell holes with 45, or what ever cartridge I am using, then just fold over the top flap and put it in my pocket.  It lays flat but it only carries 9 shells unless you put them 2 per hole then it carries 18 but it is heavy that way.  At least it is heavy with my 420 grainers.  The shorter bullets like the 300 grain 45 jacketed bullets would fit 2 per hole with leads touching each other.

When still rifle hunting I used to carry my "06" bullets this way also.

This is just what works for me.  I have giving these out as Christmas presents to fellow hand-gunners and have heard nothing but praise for carrying bullets this way.  Moldable to your pocket and quite.

Hope this hellps,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts