Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
My friends are amused by my somewhat haphazard inventory keeping of reloading stuff. I buy my brass in the 1000 case lots from who ever is cheapest. I use one box of 500 and put the other box away in one of the drawers in the loading room.
Many years ago I purchased two commercial display cabinets that have four drawers each. The drawers were designed for heavy items. They proved to be perfect for storing cases, bullets, loaded ammo and reloading gear.
Well I'll go looking for 44 Spec cases and come up with a box of 45 Colt brass, 45 Auto Rim, 45 Auto or a box of 357, in addition to my desired 44 Specials.
Well being a good reloader, I have to follow the basic tenents of that form of insanity and fill all those empty cases. Which means I need to cast a bucket full of bullets and size and lube them. Which sometimes means I need to order in more lube, or gas checks and to fill out the order I'll order some more cases.
Once filled I put the freshly loaded ammo away for future use in one of those drawers.  Well a couple of months later I'm heading to the range and go looking for that particular caliber. Can't find them so I make a mental note to get some more brass and get them reloaded so I'll have them the next time.
And the merry go round starts all over.
If there's a shortage of some of those cases I'm the one who caused it. I have the free worlds supply of 45 Auto Rim cases!
Any way I've not found a major difference between the two companies products, that I use....Winchester and Starline.
Jim

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hey Jack
It's like having a chocolate cake there on the counter and nobody has made a cut in it. Or maybe the plate full of chocolate chip cookies. It's there and something has to be done with it.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts