Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have plenty of plinking brass for my Redhawk.  I'd like to start working up 1200 fps. or so loads using 250 gr.-300 gr. slugs.  Which brass manufacturer should I choose?  My reloading manuals tend to favor Winchester - posted loads (via reloading boards) favor Starline.  Does it matter?

I don't want to mix and match...I want to keep the components for my heavier loads consistent.  

Thanks.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info gents.  

Yup - Starline is the least expensive even with mail order (and factory direct is the way to go).  Locally, I can purchase WW for &#3617/100 or Remington &#3615/00.  No volume discount.  I bought 100 pieces of WW (for Herc. 2400 loads only) and I'll order 500 Starline line (&#3611.60/100) for AA#9 and H-110 loads.  I've got a barrel full of Remington brass for plinking loads.

Question:  is it common for new brass to need trimming?  The WW cases all needed to be cleaned up a bit with the Lee case length gauge/cutter.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Contender -

The Berry's case cleaner-upper was ordered this morning.  I'd best go dirty up a bunch of brass to justify the purchase to the Mrs.  :biggrin:

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"It's like having a chocolate cake there on the counter and nobody has made a cut in it"

Jim - I'll need a different analogy to relate....just won't happen in my house  :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts