·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the 260gr bullets can be shot in the 454, they were designed for the
45 Colt. At 454 velocities, they will be fairly frangible, so will not be
the best choice for game. I would hold the velocity to about 1500 fps or
less.
i got that from speer has anybody tried them.i dont care if they blow the game up it will be groundhogs.i just don't want to blow up,thanks,keith

·
Registered
64 Posts
They shoot fine. I have shot them at 1850fps from my SRH and 2275fps from my Puma. They would be great for varmints.
-Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
primer ?

with xtp 300 and 296 32 grains with a cci srp or a rem 7.5 i only get 1966 i can go 33 and still only get 1976.will a cci small rifle mag primer give me a big velocity jump ? i will try it as soon as i can find some of them.im trying to find them in the area.if i order i got to order a bunch because if you got to pay the haz mat fee it might as well be worth it right.thanks,keith

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use the CCI SR mag primers exclusively in my .454 loads.
-Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with starline brass fed mag sr primers and speer 260 jhp at col of 1.7 i got average of 2164 hi of 2199 lo of 2129 es of 70 sd of 28.the max load gave me 2184 with a speer 260 jhp.im strating to think the stainless might shoot a little slower.i know any two barrels will never shoot the same.i have 2 redhawks the same one day im going to check them to see how close they come to being the same,thanks,keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts