Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just discovered this forum about a month or so ago & have been loving it. Particularly the thread of Raging Bull vs. Super Redhawk.. I have a Raging Bull & am very impressed with it. Only problem has been having to occasionaly having to tighten ejector, as I noticed on the thread. Have been passing by a sporting goods store lately that has a Magnum Research BFR in .454 Casull. Just wondering if anybody here has had any experience with this revolver.  would appreciate any info.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jar, go you go to 'www'.magnumresearch.com.  At the bottom right (it's hard to see... for me anyway), there a sliver colored button 'news and reviews'.  It'll take to a series of reviews done by 'Shooting Times', 'Guns Magazine', 'GUNWORLD' and a few other, over a dozen.  At least one, third down, contains info about the 454 BFR.  Also 'HANDGUNS 2001 BUYERS GUIDE' has a review of the BFR, but in 45-70.  At least these articles should give you a feel for quality.

God bless,

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,440 Posts
A .45-70 revolver sounds PAINFUL!

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks southpaw. Not too much there on the specific firearm i'm looking at. Also checked out galleryofguns.com. 454 Little Max, as it's called, was supposedly tested but i couldn't find out much info. The article talked about the acccompanying chart but i couldn't find any way to access it. Think I may see if it gathers rust in the showcase. At least will know something about the finish that way.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
accurancy is very good. 1.75" @ 25 yds. Though I think i can improve on that somewhat. Have had some trouble with squib loads on 365 gr. lbt. since then have bought lee crimp die & have had only one misfire since.  I suspect bullets were jumping crimp & misfireing due to WW296 & H110 powder. The one misfire i have had since using separate crimp die was on shot # 5. I have since heard that the redding crimp die would have been a better choice. As for as packability I sometimes think dragging a boat anchor around would be easier. My raging bull has an 8.5" barrell that i cleverly decided would be well fitted with a 50 mm red dot sight. Hmmm. you know what they say about the deer hunter & gadgets.. By the way i did buy the BFR. haven't had a chance to shoot it much yet, just shredding gallon milk jugs filled with water. I think it will be much more packable, just not sure on accuracy yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts