Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to hand gun hunting accualy just applied for my lisence two weeks ago. I am planing to purches ether the 454 Rugar or if a used FA presents itself with a nice price who knows? I have about 4 or 5 months to decide thats how long I'm told I will probably have to wate.
I presently use Wilson hand dies for my varmint rifle's not somethig im interested in dooing for my hand guns.
Ineed recomindations for a press turret or not,make ,model, and also good dies for the 454.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use a Dillon 550 for all my ammo.  Turns out good stuff at lightening speed.  Try one, you'll never want to go back to a single stage.  For my .454 loading, I use the RCBS size die, the Redding competition seating die, and a Dillon crimp die.  Turns out really accurate ammo.  The one thing I discovered when I started doing .454 ammo is that it is really important to properly chamfer the inside of the case mouths prior to loading.  The .454 dies are built to tight enough tolerances that there is little room for error in that regard.
Good shooting
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts