Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rcbs dies and a speer 260 jhp.the seating steam pushes the lead down away from the jacket just enough to cause a loading problem.i dropped the load down to make more room in the case but still the same problem.shoots great does not feed great.i have a seating steam on order from rcbs to take care of the problem.has anybody else ran into a c.o.l problem with the puma 92 in 454,thanks,keith

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,230 Posts
Are you seating and crimping in one step or two?

If you are doing both in the same step, have you tried doing them separately?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always use one die for the seater and another for the crimp.the lead is so soft it gets pushed down in the seating operation leaving a lip where the copper jacket and the lead come togather,thanks,keith

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not col after all

im answering my own ? it was the crimp i was not crimping it hard enough.now it works at 1.750 with a xtp 300.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
kidcoltoutlaw
Since this is all new ground-no manufacture data for rifle seating depths- I found that using the pistol data as a starting piont then see if they feed in my Puma is the way to go. Case in piont 300 WFN cast load- I can seat it way out for the pistol(SRH) but that same length will not even think about loading in the Puma!! You also need to work up from the lowest charge weights as well- since your seating deeper!!I have to seat it at the front grove to get it to feed reliably.:D Welcome to the unknown world of a new cartridge in a new rifle. we learn as we go. Load safe-load often!!:D :cool: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts