Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
For my money I would have to say Ruger. Its just a safer bet if your planning on really doing some shooting. Just to be different, you may want to consider a Blackhawk, Bisley, or Redhawk in 45 Colt. This would allow the same power level for all intents and purposes, and the Redhawk would allow the use of the .500 inch nose bullets. Those heavyweights would be more at home with the shorter Colt case and the long cylinder of the Redhawk. Always felt the 5 inch version would be a fun gun. Another Super Redhawk may be one too many. I think the 454 is best in its original home, the Freedom Arms guns, using standard weight bullets at insane velocitys and the 45 Colt can be used for throwing around BIG bullets. One biased mans opinion. Enjoy whatever you decide on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.