Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Either revolver will siut the purposes you intend to use it for.  If the barrels are the same length, you have all the holsters and it's something you are used to. I've said this before and been blasted on other boards, but the Taurus is in my opinion a better built revolver than the Ruger.  Now, that ought to get the Rugerheads stirred up.  I've shot all three models and own the FA and Ruger-so there.  I am not a fan of the six shot .454.  I my opinion it is asking for trouble.  I've read all about the wonder steel ruger uses for the cylinder.  Frankly, there is more to it than just strength.  The Tauruses I have shot hold better and the extra metal between the chambers doesn't hurt either.  I've had the same load fall out of a Taurus that I had to use a squib load and hammer to drive out of my ruger.  It's been to the factory once and as I type this is on it's way to Mag-Na-Port to get some real work and rehab.  Now, after having typed all this, I have had more trouble with my SRH than anyone else I have heard from on the matter.  It's your choice when  it all boils down.  Ya pay ya money and takes ya chances.  Good luck and God bless.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts