Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing an XDS in .45acp with a 3.3" barrel and am a little concerned about losing effectiveness with so short a barrel. What do you think?

Thanks!

·
Banned
747 Posts
Good,video but it was testing two type of ammo for just the short barrel. Would love to see xd's 3.3 vs full size xd

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing an XDS in .45acp with a 3.3" barrel and am a little concerned about losing effectiveness with so short a barrel. What do you think?

Thanks!
Don't care for the pistol, but I have Military/LE friends that carried Colt OMs and they were effective as needed. This is real life, not gel testing.

If I had a chance to pick up a good 1911 shorty, I would. Sadly I missed SAI's EMP which I did like and they're no longer making.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You do understand that using common gel is fine if you're attacked or hunting ballistic gel.
It shows that a short barreled 45 acp will function fine with most ammo.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Don't worry about it!
Even with a 100 fps loss in velocity the bullet is still .452 inches in diameter. There is a lot to be said for a heavy 45 cal slug. It doesn't need a lot of velocity to work.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
It shows that a short barreled 45 acp will function fine with most ammo.
Let me qualify that for you:

Works fine in Ballistic gel.

The only entity/agency that actually uses it more realistic is the FBI since they pay to do it right.
Real world is a whole different thing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts