Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like Winchester's Legendary '94 and THINK I would like one in .45LC, but am concerned a wee bit about the action length of the '94 vs the o.a.l. of the .45LC. Should I worry? Would I be better served by a '92, perhaps?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,234 Posts
Action strength and OAL are two different things - so I'm a little confused by your post, sorry.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have a Win 94 Legacy in 45 Colt. The action will handle anything I have tried so far. I shoot mostly 325 gr Lyman gas checked bullets out of it. With most bullet designs you will run out of throat room before they won't feed in the action. The throats are relatively short at the end of the chamber.

Don

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,234 Posts
Chris, you are correct, I did read it wrong.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
R. Tillery

I have a Win 94 .45 LC. It is kind of picky about OAL and certain bullet types. It likes and feeds certain brass better as well. Mine hates Rem Brass gaurenteed jam!! But when everything is smooth it a fine rifle!! :D :

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Gunnut45/454,
What kind of jams do you get with Rem. brass?

I have been shooting the BTB 300wfngc over 21 gr. of surplus WC820. Very accurate in my 16.5" Trapper. With Williams sights, I have been getting 2.5" groups at 100 yards.

Jeff

·
Banned
739 Posts
I have a Win 94 Trapper in .45 Colt. In the almost 20 years I have been shooting it I haven't found anything it will jam with.
I've shot just about every type and brand of case, including old balloon head blackpowder cases with no problems.

I have shot loads with the short 200 gr SWC's up to the 268 gr Keith SWC's and this little trapper doesn't care. I guess it's an individual gun thing, but mine is most agreeable as to feeding and shooting different brass and bullets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts