Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 460SW and do not really like the factory round for it. I am looking for opinions on what would be a better Gas checked lead bullet for it . I am thinking it would do better with a 300 to 350 gr bullet. Thanks Jim:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Try This

Don't have a .460 but have had it's "little brother" the .454 Casull for some time now.

For hunting(even deer) I would suggest that you start with the 300 grainers and go up from there(if needed). I shoot the 300gr CSJ and the 265,335, and 360gr Cast Performance bullets out of both my 6" Taurus and my 16" LSI/Puma with great results. The 265's have a wide(.3"+) meplate and have put them thru some of the biggest boar hogs.

The 335's and the 360's are the WLNGC variety and have never recovered a single one of them either. The CSJ brand are a moly coated hardcast and the Cast Performance are gas checked and super hard also.

Have experimented somewhat with the Hornady 300gr XTP's. Have killed a couple of the smaller hogs with them and two Fla. sized deer so really "no contest".

Good Shootin' ---- pruhdlr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts