Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail notification from Hodgdon that they now have .480 Ruger data on their website. Thought it may be helpful if you're thinking about buying one.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
For those of you looking at the .480 Ruger, we will have available shortly, a .476"-350g WFNGC bullet for the new .480 Ruger ( a fine lower weight bullet for the .475 Linebaugh as well).  It should be very accurate and have a great accuracy potential with the WFN profile giving plenty of bearing surface.  (Currently awaiting mold delivery!)

God bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
5 Posts
Marshall, will you also be selling the moulds for the .476 350 grain bullet? I have been considering purchasing a srhk in .480 for a while now - I'm not crazy about the looks but it will do until they introduce a single action. I can't imagine them limiting the .480 chambering to one gun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
GARY REEDER HAS THE NEW (ULTIMATE 480) IF YOU HAVE AN BH OR SBH LAYING AROUND AND &#36995 YOU WILL HAVE A NICE FIVE SHOT BIG BORE. EVER SO TEMPTING. GEE, WONDER  WHAT I WILL HAVE TO TELL MY WIFE FOR THE REASON I NEED IT.    JIM.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Sorry,

No molds... just bullets.  I'm not a mold maker!   Perhaps there will be a commercially made bullet mold for something similar in the near future!   There's going to be quite a demand for bullets, and with Hornady having the corner on the market for pills with this critter, I bet one of the mold makers (RCBS?) will jump on the opportunity!   Time will tell.

Thanks for asking!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts