Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't suppose anyone has done any loading of 350gr bullets into a .50AE and gotten it to work, have they? I was at Cabellas and bought some. I *thought* there would be load data for bullets that heavy, but I haven't been able to find any.

Preferably something with H110 or N110, but I'm willing to try other powders.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Google It

On the Reloaders Nest site there is only one load that fits your parameters.

28.0grs/H110
CCI350
IMI brass
Sierra 350gr
1280fps
-----pruhdlr

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've loaded alot for my 50 ae but have not used anything bigger than 325. I will check some load data I have and get back to you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
28gn start h110 to 31 max gn. I'm loading 32gn h110 with speer 325gn and have no pressure problems at all. I've loaded 33.5gn with that bullet and it was fine. I'm thinking you'll probably end up around 30gn. Should be pretty stout.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hey Ko.......

......I(we)assume that the 50A&E is a Desert Eagle. If NOT I was gonna suggest one of the better made,wide meplate,hardcast bullets for hunting. If the weapon IS the DE, would suggest that you take a gander at the XTP's from Hornady.

Let us know what you come up with. I'm always interested in the DE's and what they shoot to hunt what game. ----pruhdlr

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Googling: Well, there's undoubtably all sorts of load data on the internet, but I wanted to ask here because I figured there was a better likelihood of finding someone who knows what they're doing having such data. True, I was going to kind of see how any suggested data correlates to known data for 325gr bullets, but still worrisome to trust Random Internet Information, when pertaining to 40,000psi explosions.

Yes, it is a Desert Eagle. Bullet selection isn't really a problem, it's just that I saw inexpensive .50" bullets, which is what I needed, and didn't realize they were above the typical grain range. I'll know better next time, but I still don't want to flush $40 down the drain.

CCI350s? I'd had POOR ignition with Winchester WLP, which the box says is for magnum loads, too. The resulting discharge barely moved the slide back an inch. I had switched to large rifle primers, and it worked like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts