Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think Marlin will ever make a lever action in .50 AK.
I'm considering having a Guide Gun converted by Dave Clay, but may hold off if I see one in Marlin's future..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would love it if they did but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon.  I suspect they think the market for that round is too small.
Mark

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
How does a company decide on what to chamber?  By customers-US-letting them know!  Take a few minutes and write Marlin a real, honest-to-God letter and send it to them snail-mail.  They take those kind of letters much more seriously and if enough of us write, often enough, then we will get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI,

I will tell you Dave Clay is a great choice,he will work with you .You also might want to check out the 50-110,which Dave will do,but it will have to be done on a Win 86 or 71 as the Marlin will not handle the COL and pressure.I had a 50AK and like it very much,but wanted to get that big 525 grain bullet going 2200fps so I went with a 50-110,in fact Dave is making me one now. One more thing it will also shoot a 50Alaskan so you can shoot both through it. I had a Marlin and if I know what I known now I would go with a Win86 and Dave Clay,Thanks,Kev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy,50 Shooters,
 Do you have a address for Dave Clay or web site ?
I have a 71 that has been reblued it would make a good 50-110.
I also have a marlin in 50 Alaskan . The marlin has been fun to shoot with 525 gr. bullets. But as we know the shell will only hold so much powder.Still waiting for 525 gr. beartooths to show up?
Later Wilbe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts