Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this probably should be under wildcats, but wanted the widest viewing and responses. My rifle is based on a P14 Enfield Winchester make with 20" barrel. Reamer was cut to the full length of the parent .348 case, 2.250" figured might as well make it as long as possible. Fireforming brass is somewhat tedious,just takes to long, any short cuts? Has anyone worked with the new Starline brass, how strong and how long is it? Now for some chrono data taken in June at about 90 degrees. Barnes 450 gr. FP, WLR primer, RL7 powder starting load of 59 [email protected] fps.- top load 66 [email protected] all with good accuracy rifle isn't picky. The same bullet with IMR4198, [email protected] top [email protected]  Hawk 400 gr. round nose,RL7 start [email protected] top [email protected] which is my hunting load. Saw mention of H322 what would be a start load? Also what about Benchmark, which one ,and a start load? Field use- haven't had to shoot anything twice,and with the Hawk you get really serious leak holes.  Hope someone can help on the powder front.   Good hunting.
                          Lynn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts