Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have gotten older it is harder for me to see a 12 guage shotgun hull at 50 yards, yet when I get the proper back ground and lighting conditions I can still hit the red blur at 50 yards

2 hits out of 4 shots is not too shabby for my old eyes

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Good shooting. I too miss the good old days of when I could see a fly at 100 yards. I think shooting shotgun shells off of fence posts used to be our main entertainment when I was growing up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Old eyes or not that is still might fine shootin'. I'm 60, blind in the left eye and I don't very well out of the right, I know I can't do that well.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
I haven't had my .44mag out lately, I do have to get new leses put into my glasses. It does seem to be a bit harder trying to hit things at the range but I suppose between the floaters in the eyes and the diabetese I am lucky to even be able to shoot compared to some folks.

I can certaily hit a 6 inch circle target off a rest at 50 yards! So I figure I am still able to take care of business with my pistols if the need should ever arrive.;)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know a lot of gun slinging, tactical minded, camo wearing, pistoleros who would be pleased as punch to be able to do that at 10 yards. Good shooting but then you already knew that. :D

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
good shooting.. i took a black snakes head off at 12 yrds,with my 380 keltec..but i did have time to do my best..but a snakes head at 12 yrds with that gun even surprised me..i wore one out getting so i could make the shot i think is the best bet in a defensive situation..so naturally the shot pleased me.. like i said good shootin .. slim
ps having said that most of my practice is point an shoot.i think that fits defensive needs better than using the rear sight,an catching lead,while i take time to aim..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts