Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kiddin, Sorry, I couldn't resist. Mods feel free to remove if it seems unappropriate.:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have you got a news article where someone was mauled while hunting with a .50 BMG? A friend of mine shot a 125 lb black bear this past spring with .50 cal flint lock from a tree stand. Just think, if he didn't have a good shot placement, and was not hunting from a tree stand, and you only get one shot. .50 cal or not, poor shot placement and no follow-up shot. I'd rather take a .30 cal repeater bear hunting than a single shot .50 cal if I'm not in a tree.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I heard that someone shot an 8 pound bear with a bazooka and the bear ran up to him, took the bazooka away, and shot the guy's truck with it before beating the hunter over the head with it, tearing his tree stand down, and then running to to the Shuttle launch pad to put a crack in its fuel tank.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I heard that someone shot an 8 pound bear with a bazooka and the bear ran up to him, took the bazooka away, and shot the guy's truck with it before beating the hunter over the head with it, tearing his tree stand down, and then running to to the Shuttle launch pad to put a crack in its fuel tank.
Thanks for the laugh! :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one who found all these "X not enough for bear" threads a little odd. Anyone who knows anything about hunting knows it is shot placement first and foremost. A .50 BMG in the foot is a much poorer stopper than a .30-30 in the boiler room. All these "X not enough for bear" stories just tell me that the shooter did not do his job of placing the bullet in the correct place. And then someone, hunter or guide, paid the price for their poor shooting.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,141 Posts
OK, folks. We get the picture. Everyone is tired of the bear threads.

This thread and others like it are locked.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,751 Posts
Oh I think this little gem is a candidate for "Bad Joke Friday" post of the year!!!!

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.