Shooters Forum banner

6.5 creemore brass warning

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  tdoyka 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Good on them for notifying folks, But it seems their "start-up" woes aren't behind them yet.

#4 ·
It is from the Pres of Peterson Cartridge. Says the small primer Creed brass is over SAAMI max by 0.02" and won't hold a primer. But only some of one lot number.

And good on ya for not being on Facebook ;):D

Also, there is no "E" in CreedmOOR, Bandit

#7 · (Edited)
I like the idea of the 6.5mm Creepmore. Maybe with a quicker twist barrel, and finding someone's stash of 160 gr. R.N.'s, it may become one neato stalking rifle.

Personally, though, the 260 Remington already has most of this covered. Pushing the 25 degree shoulders of the 6.5mm Rem. Mag. back to 30 degrees, will probably cover the rest. The 6.5mm PRC is a more modern cartridge, but will Hornady keep producing their proprietary virgin brass, for years to come??

Maybe someone here can elucidate their experiences into some kind of "Dead Fall Tests"?? Several recent posters speak of using sub 270 Win. cartridges with 90 to 130 gr. bullets. I took a 270 Win. to Africa in May of 2012, but it was strictly for open country hunting. I bought several boxes of 110 gr. Barnes bullets, in factory Federal Ammunition, and this really limited me, with my P.H.

#16 ·
Hornady invented the Creedmoor to sell more special brass> that 260 Rem used brass that was 50 years old and anyone could make. So big new market for anyone who 6.5 Crud. made on that ever popular .30 Thompson Center case!!

Which is why we have this recall. NOTE it is not Hornady brass...it applies only to PETERSON barass a small start up company in Western Pennsylvania. They presently only make a few cartridges (I use their 260 Rem).

I assume the Hornady 6.5 Crud is OK.

#17 ·
Hornady invented the Creedmoor to sell more special brass> that 260 Rem used brass that was 50 years old and anyone could make. So big new market for anyone who 6.5 Crud. made on that ever popular .30 Thompson Center case.
Well the joke is on Hornady! Any idiot with a resizing die and a case trimmer can make all the 6.5 creed brass they want from any number of cases from the .308 family of brass.
There is one thing I'm tired of concerning the 6.5 creed. Its hearing how hard the brass is to come by.

#21 ·
Love it, hate it or don't care, this is funny and more (moor) truth than not from where I'm looking.

RJ

Reactions: JBelk
#22 ·
i have used 22-250 brass to make 6.5cm. all you have to do is take your 22-250 case and put it in a 6.5cm sizing die and you are done. no trimming needed. this was when 6.5cm brass was unavailable. now it's hornady, starline, nosler, norma, federal and lapua brass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.