Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolute deporable business practices being conducted by Alexander Arms. Back in the spring I decided to buy an upper in the 6.5 Grendel chambering. Upon checking with the company was informed there was a six month or longer lead time. Inquiring about buying a barrel was informed it would probably be four months before the order could be filled. At the time that worked for me so order one in July.

Fast forward nearly five months and still the barrel hasn't been shipped. During the same time frame I ordered three other barrels from manufacturers who also indicated long lead times. However all three companys filled there outstanding order within thirty days. Considering the firearms industry this past year with unprecidented orders I believed they were doing a good job filling orders.

Today received a sales flyer from a mail order company who has had 6.5 Grendel uppers for sale on and off since last spring. After the third cycle of uppers being available and then sold out only to available again I finally wised up to Alexandra Arms unethical business practices. Might add there uppers went up nearly $300 since this spring which is the barrel price.

Since this is a free country I will do with them what I've done with GM, Chryslar, Sears, K-Mart and others who practice unethical business by refusing to buy products from them. I must not be alone in my decision because every one of these companies has ended up filling bankrupcy.

Rather the ethical practice of suspending barrel orders during this period they unethically continued accepting orders knowing they would not be filling any while there complete uppers were selling for inflated prices. Its too bad as I've heard good things about the chambering.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hear'ed A Bunch

Was on a forum re. one of the Alexander Arms products for some 3 years, and for the last two, listened to the outcry of the "potential" weapon,ammo,and associated parts,buyers of the Alexander Arms products. This re. delivery times,product availability and out and out lying to their customers.

Also re. their practices that has to do with QA and even product safety in general. Even heard of a guy getting a .50Beowulf bbl attached to a .223 sized upper with the .223 ejection port. (Talk about ejection problems !!)

Gas blocks that were loose,factory ammo out of specs,delivery dates being fudged,e-mails not being returned,etc,etc.

What did it for me and caused me to "resign" from the forum was the forum administrator/owner, and Alexander Arms(Bill Alexander), stating that the .50Beowulf was being used by our forces in Iraq. But would suggest that you(and any potential AA product purchaser),be very leery of the QA practices and delivery times of that company.

Anybody that needs any more specifics re. the company can feel free to PM me. -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Would Also.......

.......want to state that all the Alexander Arms products are proprietary products. They are, and the supposed patent is, owned by Bill Alexander. If he chooses to withdraw or limit the uppers,brass,etc,to the general public,he can. I feel that he did this with the .50Beowulf brass about a year ago. It drove the price up to $1.50 each(~).

IIRC he was caught in a lie re. Starline or Wolf producing the Beowulf brass. He said they wouldn't do it and a simple call to them(not by me) found out that they were willing to produce the brass but he wanted too big of a cut.

Would suggest that you take a good long look at the 6.8SPC,6.5 Creedmoor,or even a .260.

Good Shootin' -----pruhdlr

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually he has a trademark on the name "6.5 Grendel" if the individual that relayed the information was correct. Its my understanding that other barrel makers are getting around this by calling there chambering a different name although its the same. I've passed up several chances to buy a barrel because I had ordered one from Alexander Arms believing my word to purchase along with a credit card number for payment ment something in todays economy. Guess I'm too much old school where a mans word was his bond.

Concerning 6.5 Grendel ammunition, I obtained several hundred rounds of boxer primed brass cased Wolf brand loaded with soft point hunting bullets. I've used other old military caliber ammunition from them and have found it to be of a decent servicable quality.

When I get conformation of order cancelation from them then will order one from another maker. Since I've bought other barrels from this manufacturer and they've indicated up to thirty days before shipment yet its usually been two weeks from order to receipt. That's the type of business I want to deal with--professional, ethical and honest.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If you want the 6.5 Grendel you are not limited to buying one from AA. There are several companies that are "licensed" by AA to sell the 6.5 G but you do not have to deal with AA. Midway sells just the barrels if you want to build it yourself, even barrels from AA are in stock right now. They also sell licensed 6.5 G uppers and barrels from other vendors. Myself, I went with the 6.5 CCS (Competition Shooting Sports) Lothar Walther barrel which is the 6.5 with a smaller diameter neck (.295 instead of .300) for better accuracy.
CSS 6.5
Midway 6.5 Grendel items

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lady luck stop by last week in the form of an email add from Midway. They were having a sale on AR-Stoner barrels chamber in 6.5 Grendel with bolt for same pricing wanted by Alexander Arms. Ordered one Sunday night and got shipping conformation today with delivery towards end of week. Now that's service which generates smiles.

·
Banned
1 Posts
A Shame

It's really too bad you had trouble with Alexander Arms (AA). I own a AA 6.5 Grendel upper that I purchased from them over the phone and had NO problems with price or anything else. I also ordered a flash hider that was sent in an expediential amount of time. Basically I've had absolutely NO trouble with them. Maybe sugar is better than vinegar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts